According to BET Style there are a few fashions that we need to put to rest in 2009. I must say that I have to agree on their choices. Check them out:
1. Ditch the liquid leggings and go for more lace print leggings and stockings (Yes, the BLACK liquid leggings are a done deal. You can get different printed leggings other than black. Let’s tone the ROCKER CHICK look down just a bit. I order my leggings from Stockingirl.com…they have a huge variety of leggings, tights and more)
2. 80′s Retro look…leave it in the 80′s. Opt for more subtle up to date clothing with funky accessories. (yes all the neon clothing should be placed in the back of your closet unless another blackout occurs then they can be used accordingly)
3. Big oversized necklaces. Tone your neck down but upgrade to big bangles and stacked bracelets and cuffs. (Never was a fan of the big necklaces)
4. Bold makeup. Tone the dark lipsticks and dark eyes down with a more natural look this year.
5. Thin strapped heels. Trade in your thin strappy for the bigger and bolder strapped shoes. (I must admit I love the bigger straps on shoes)
6. Members Only jackets. Place the Members Only jackets in the back of the closet and pull out the leather motorcycle jackets.
7. Skinny jeans. While skinny jeans will always be “in”, make a sttement with the new Harem pants. (Okay this one has to grow on me.)
8. Mini dresses. Mini dresses are still a comfort but up your sophistication by opting for a long pencil skirt.
9. Cardigans. Cardigans are a thing of the past. Dress up jeans and a nice shirt with a blazer instead. (I always loved that look…pair it off with some cute pumps and you are in there)
10. Trendy look. Break from the trendy look and bring back the days of Woodstock with an upgraded Hippie Look.
11. Keep it simple. Instead of finding two pieces to match make getting dressed easier with a one-step jumper. (I always loved jumpers but they are a hassle when you gotta run to the bathroom)
12. Plain and simple. Turn those plain outfits in and go for a bolder look with over sized buttons, zippers and buckles.
13. Add Color. Instead of trying to match from head to toe try mixing cool colors and fabrics for your own unique look. (I must agree…I love being and looking different).